10/27/14

New Stitching Love

I think I found a new addiction!!  {GASP!}  

My cute, beautiful, talented friend Verlynne has opened up a whole new world for me and I'm SO in love!!!  {Thanks,Verlynne!}

So TWO things:  
 2.) hand-dyed "crystal" fabric from Picture This Plus

The cute patterns come from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and they have so many great patterns that I would actually enjoy putting up in my home.  It is a rare thing for me to find a cross stitch pattern that I would want to spend the time/hours to make - but these are SO much fun!!!  

I just bought this Christmas sampler - it's a stitch-along-club thing where they send you a piece of the sampler once per month.  This one starts November 1st, so if you're a cross-stitcher and you want to join along, go to their website for purchase and information.

My favorite part?!  The *sparkly* fabric from Picture This Plus.  My girl, Verlynne, showed me her projects and I got to look at, touch, and fall in love with this beautiful stuff.  It's GORGEOUS. You can see in these pictures how they weave crystal threads into the fabric and they all have a little sparkle magic in them.  WHO DOESN'T LOVE SPARKLES?!  

{The fabric is a little pricey, but totally worth it because you'll be spending hours of time and love on these cute projects that will become a treasure.}



My daughter loves to cross stitch, so I got this pattern and some fabric for us to do this one together.  {squeal!}


And these below are Cute Verlynne's projects - I can't believe how much I love them!!!  She has done some amazing work.


 Fairy Tale Sampler - SO flippin' adorable.

 SO in love with this cute Halloween one!! 


If I could surround myself {tactfully} around glitter, I would.  So when I find something that can incorporate stitching AND glitter, I'm going to be all over that.  

Happy Crafting!!  
--Abby

6 comments:

Heather said...

Abby, I LOVE these! Someday I will have time for cross stitch again and my first project will be that Halloween sampler!

Abby said...

They're GREAT, right?! I love that sampler!!

Hincha's said...

You are awesome! And too kind! �� love the frosted pumpkin stitchery!!!

Julie and Jill said...

It's been a while since I've cross stitched. What size do I get? 14 count? 32 count?

Abby said...

I just ordered whatever thread count the pattern called for. I'm pretty new to stitching on linen, so just make sure to check your pattern to see what they recommend. The higher the thread count, the closer the stitches are together, but I don't know which one would be easier to work with. :) Sorry I don't have more info!!

Abby said...

I just ordered whatever thread count the pattern called for. I'm pretty new to stitching on linen, so just make sure to check your pattern to see what they recommend. The higher the thread count, the closer the stitches are together, but I don't know which one would be easier to work with. :) Sorry I don't have more info!!