8/12/14

Getting cozy with nature

Once a year my Love Nugget and I get this inexplicable itch to camp.  In a tent.  With no bathrooms.  ???!!! ….  I know…I'm just as confused as you are.  

But...we have this killer-awesome tent and we like to pretend we're homeless for a couple of nights.  {I can be super rugged when I have to be.}
We don't like to camp with other campers unless they're friends, which means we have to find a secluded spot, usually a good distance from a restroom, but who doesn't like to do their business in nature?!  Nature has some pretty stunning restrooms with amazing views!!!  {It only gets awkward when a hiker wearing a red sweatshirt walks by with his dog.  You just say 'hello' at that point and pretend you're just sitting for a minute, so happy the sniffing dog is on a leash...}


I actually love camping, just not the setting-up and taking-down.  I have a love/hate relationship with camping.  I hate getting things ready and can never find any good reason why we're putting ourselves through this torture when we have perfectly good food and beds here at home. But then, when everything is all set up, and I get to wander around taking pictures of nature, I can't stop raving at how much I love camping and love nature and love our beautiful mountain!  And then our homeless adventure is over and we have to pack up and head home to the reality that everything  has to be cleaned off, aired out, and packed away again…. ugh!!!  

Coming home to my beautiful photos reminds me again how much I love being in the great outdoors!
There was this golden evening light in our camp because the sun was setting and reflecting off some huge rain clouds coming.  I LOVE evening light.

Evening light - the calm before the storm.  Literally.  We love rain, though, so it was fun.  

Oh, how I love this place!  It smells AMAZING, too - fresh mountain air, rain on the cusp, and that woodsy, earthy scent.  I love it.

This cute little guy let me get up close and personal.  I love all of his colors!! 


I know that mushroooms are the body part of a fungus, basically woodland warts, and some are lethal, but they're ADORABLE!!!  They come in all shapes, colors, and sizes!  I love little woodland things.

 Our mountain is covered with thse beautiful red flowers called Hummingbird Plant.  


I don't know what this plant is, but it's gorgeous!!  It was growing along the rocks on a cliff-side.  

Water is so scarce here, so it's always good to see a creek or stream.  They're often dry, so I get excited when I see running water up on the mountain!


Probably a weed, but I love these sweet little white daisies!




And that's enough camping for one year.  
Next year, when the aftermath of this campout has faded into pleasant memories, we will do this all over again.  I wish I could say that I'm excited, but I'm not.  If I'm going to be comfortable in the wilderness, I need a trailer with a shower, kitchen, Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe mattress, and flushing potty.  :)

Have a Happy Day!!!

No comments: