1/10/12

Sunrise through the trees...


This was my sunrise this morning--looking out the window from my kitchen.  Blazing reds and oranges!  It was one of those moments where I was feeding kids, wiping goop, and doing dishes--then I looked up and saw the blazing reds on the horizon and...everything stopped for a few minutes.  Everything got quiet and we all looked outside for a while.


I've got a lot of trees in the way, but I think that's what makes my winter sunrises so special.  In the summertime, I don't get to see the sunrise from my windows because the leaves block the view, so I have to wait until winter to catch glimpses like this.

I was tempted to get in my car and drive to a clearing where I could see the entire sunrise unobstructed....but the toddler with sticky cereal spilled all over the floor kind of deterred me a little.

ahhhhhh.  I LOVE mornings!  Sunrise is one of the most magical times of the day---especially if nobody is crying at me.  I'm loving how the colors go from blazing red to oranges, to a soft purple.  Seriously---it was so pretty.  

Anyhoo---more to come about mornings - I've got a fun little project in the works for all of us.  {yesssssss.}  Here's a glimpse...

...needless to say, my morning sunrise was very inspirational!  I think we're going to have fun with this project!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Totally game! Bring it on, sista!

Jen said...

I love morning sunrises! What a great start to a day. Your trees look wonderful too. I drive a certain road almost weekly and I pass a group of trees like that and I always want to stop and take a picture because they are just so quiet and pretty.