9/17/11

Fall Baby Shower

Just comin' up for air briefly to show you another fun baby shower that Kadie and I put together today. We went with a Fall theme and it was SO much fun!!!  

 I'm glad to have this week over because maybe now I can get to some Fall projects!!! {gasp!} My Pinterest files are getting filled up with some great ideas--can't wait to tackle some.   I'm no longer in denial about summer being over {sniff} --- and getting excited about Fall (not totally there yet)!! 

...but on with it now...

This cute girl I've known for a few years is having her first baby and I offered to help out with the shower.  And when I mean help out, I mean: call BFF Kadie, put our heads together, come up with something fun, and make it beautiful.  And we did.  Whatta team.  AND...what amazing weather we had today!!!  (thank goodness, because we planned an outdoor party) There was a teensy Fall crispy coolness, there were just a few leaves on the ground, the sun peeked out and was shining on everything---it was glowy and magical!  Thank you, nature, for giving us perfect weather for today. {I love you, nature. Please go easy on us in winter.} 


On the menu: 
Caprese skewers (toothpick with tomato, fresh basil leaf, seasoned fresh mozzarella balls. These were Kadie's gorgeous creations with everything from her garden. Except the cheese. These were so fresh and delicious.)
Harvest Chicken Salad (rotisserie chicken, nuts, dried cranberries, diced apples, celery, and whatever else is harvesty. Also scrumptious.)
Mixed Berry Popovers (pie crusts cut out in circles, filled with: semi-thawed package frozen mixed berries, sugar, cornstarch, topped with powdered sugar)
Pumpkin Pie we bought this one. shhhh. don't tell.
Chocolate-Dipped Carmel Apples (apples cut in slices, soaked in ginger soda, dipped in carmel...what an adventure..., then dipped in chocolate, then dipped in crushed nuts, coconut, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips...these deserve their own post...)
Water.  with apple & lemon slices. We can never have boring water. Ever.


Lanterns, pumpkins, and autumn leaves.  ahhhhhhhh.....




Kadie and I got an education whilst making these dipped apples.  The secret: don't make the carmel too thin--just water it down a smudge--and it will most likely only stick to the skin of the apple, not the flesh.  Maybe if you dried the apples off really, really, really well, the carmel might stick to the apple flesh, but don't count on it.  Let the carmel set and harden before you dip the apples in chocolate. 

We made these the day before--I loaded up a couple of cookie sheets lined with waxed paper, covered them, and put them in the fridge overnight.

Our favie fave flavor of the apples were:  carmel-dipped white chocolate, dipped in coconut, sprinkled with nuts, drizzled with carmel.  The chocolate-chocolate ones just weren't as good as these ones were.  Go figure.  I could use one right now.
mmmmm.....Kadie knocked this chicken salad out of the park.  It was SO good!!  We scooped it onto toasted baguette rounds.  Perfect.

...mmmm....berry popovers.  Gosh.  I'm getting hungry doing this post.  This is getting ridiculous.



Sunflowers clipped fresh from Kadie's front yard.  Aren't they gorgeous?! Sunflowers are stunning.
I love fall.



7 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

The shower looks lovely! Autumn is definitely a beautiful theme!

Shea D. said...

Mmm...your post makes me hungry too! And I love {love love} your decorating with the flowers and cute leaves and pumpkins! SO creative.

Lindsay said...

WOW!!! I'd have a baby just so to have a shower like that! SoOOo cute!! The food looks fabulous as well!

angee said...

Abby, Can I be your real-life friend?! You put on the GREATEST parties. Just look at that food and those decorations! Makes me wish I was there! HA

But seriously, thanx for sharing your fun ideas. I love them!

--Angee :)
dressesandmesses.wordpress.com

Sheri said...

Wow. Awesome pics. I would have another baby at 48 if you would throw the shower - LOL. Seriously, your shower pics are just great. So happy I found your blog - I will be following along. Be blessed :)

Britta said...

such beautiful food...those apple slices look amazing. they look like perfect treats for entertaining.

Tina Leigh said...

OH I love Fall too but this post looks like something from a magazine!