3/17/11

Happy St. Pat's to You!

Happy St. Patty's to all of  you!!!  May there be a huge pot of gold at the end of your rainbow!  (or chocolate....I'd settle for that)
  

I told my kids this morning that since I go ALL OUT for....Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's, Easter, and all six of our birthdays....I get a break for St. Patty's!  We had green eggs and pancakes - that was the extent of my celebrating.  The kiddies are on their own after that.  We might get a green layer cake tonight - we'll see how crazy Brookie is today.

Something fun to do on St. Patty's day - sit down with some Irish Cream Soda and watch "Leap Year!"  {squeal!}  Nevermind that it kind of has a cheesy ending - {what chick flick doesn't?} - but the scenery, music, and Amy Adams' outfits are amazing!!!  Randy Edelman did an incredible job with the music, and I've even purchased some of the soundtrack songs, as well.  I've got the instrumental music in my iTunes for when I need something fresh, bright, and easy to listen to.


{LOVE} this movie!!


...for fun, here are some fun Olde Irish sayings:

“You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.”

“It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with years, and the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears.”

“If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough.”

“Beware of people who dislike cats”
{I personally disike cats...what does that say abou me?!}

“Who gossips with you will gossip of you”

“I believe in the sun when it's not shining, I believe in love even when I feel it not, I believe in God even when he is silent.”

“Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom.”

“There are fish in the sea better than have ever been caught”

“It is better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life”

“A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures”

“Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within”

“Put silk on a goat and it is still a goat”

“Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools”

“A silent mouth is sweet to hear”
{haha!!  I like that one!!}

“When God made time, he made plenty of it”

“Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth”

“A cabin with plenty of food is better than a hungry castle”

“What is nearest the heart is nearest the mouth”
{does that include chocolate?!}

6 comments:

alyssa said...

I LOVE that movie! :)

Jen T said...

Love Leap Year!!!

LuckyRedHen said...

I thought it looked like it'd be dumb but YOU'RE saying to watch it and the two commentors so far say they LOVE it, so I'm SOLD :) Wonder if I should ask for it on Blu-ray for my bday? Is it a re-watch type movie (like Return to Me?)

Word Ver: butdancr (what the?)

Abby said...

Oh, no! What if you hate the movie?! If anything, the scenery is SPECTACULAR. It does have it's ridiculous moments, but overall I love the flick. I want to know what you think!!!

LuckyRedHen said...

I sometimes love scenery over content (Under the Tuscan Sun... stupid flick, beautiful scenes and village). I'll have to come back and let you know.

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

Even my husband liked this movie. I think it is officially one of the two chick flicks he likes. He's of Irish decent though, so I think that helped. Then my sister watched it and declared it the cheesiest of movies. Oh well. To each their own.