2/8/08

Valentine Quickie Art

This is my Valentine decor addition from last year. I LOVE (no pun intended) Valentine's Day - probably for the pretty colors and chocolate more than anything. I try to obtain one new decor item each year and I'm still waiting for the shopping fairy to come take me away this week...

For this bad boy, I just created a 3-dimentional print with my leftover scrapbooking stuff and put it in a frame I had laying around in my unused frame collection. It would probably look so much nicer in something else, but since it's only up for one month out of the year, I'm not worried much!

You could make a print like this for each season and show off your festive side! I think that everybody needs at least ONE item of decor for each holiday - everybody needs to be reminded of those little things that make our culture and seasons fun!

Now, because of the whole digital scrapbooking thing, I hardly EVER touch my paper crafting stuff - s0 maybe I'll do a digital print out of something festive for St. Patty's!

5 comments:

kristie said...

I love it. Hey, you might know my aunt and uncle. They live in Pima. The Alders?

Abby said...

Hi Kristie! Yes, I knew some Alders! There's a few different Alder families from Pima - which Alders are you related to? Are you from Arizona, too? Can I think of more questions? I could go on like this...

LuckyRedHen said...

I *love* seasonal art too (and MY pun was intended, tee hee)!

missliss5/Melissa said...

CUTE!

kristie said...

Joyce and Scott Alder. Yes, I am from Arizona. Currently, I am in Utah. Joyce is my mom's sister. I don't mind questions, so ask away!!